Rosemont encourages all students to consider an internship as part of the experiential learning component of our robust liberal arts curriculum. Imagine having the chance to actually do the work you aspire to do before you fully commit to it as a career.
That's the beauty of an internship. You may discover you love it. You may discover it isnt for you. Either way, you will learn from it, and apply the theories and practical skills you've learned in the classroom to real-world scenarios. If you know of an Internship opportunity, or you'd like to share a previous internship experience, email us at email@example.com.
Internships allow you to develop your skills in a professional environment. By completing assigned tasks within a set amount of time, interning always you to observe and experience an occupation before committing to it as a career. The opportunity also allows you to apply the theories and practical skills you learn in a classroom in a first-hand manner.
Full semester internships are student-initiated and are arranged for qualified students in most disciplines with the approval of a faculty member in that field. If you're interested in arranging an internship, please contact your advisor or the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success.
- You must apply for internship credits in a timely manner, completing the forms available in the Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success by the end of drop/add period.
- The application must include a detailed description of the terms of the internship and evaluative procedure to be used during the semester.
- A minimum of thirty two hours at the internship site is required for every academic credit you receive. Every student must have an on-site sponsor who takes responsibility for teaching the student, avoiding merely routine tasks.
- The Office of Experiential Opportunities and Post Graduate Success will assist the faculty advisor in monitoring and evaluating the internship, visiting the site where feasible.
- The student will keep a journal, write papers, or perform other reflective written assignments, as directed by their academic advisor. These assignments are not necessarily the student's only obligation for the course.
- There will be an evaluation form for the student and the supervisor as part of the internship experience.
Credits for internships will be determined by the department based on duration and academic merit of the internship.
"I applied for an Internship with the Norristown Police Department during the Career Fair. I was so eager to start an internship and followed up with the Police Department. They called me in for an interview. After the interview I was really anxious about it. The Norristown Police Department then called me and said I got the internship. I was super excited. I did the internship over the summer and had a phenomenal experience."
- Tamani Smalls - Internship with Norristown Police Department
- Soccer Shots - Internship Fall 2019
- 3S Consulting Group, Inc. - Journalist Intern
- High Lantern Group - Intern, Strategy and Communications Fall 2019
- National Lacrosse League - Digital Content & Social Media Intern Fall 2019
- Crothall Healthcare - Communication Intern
- Teleflex - Tax Intern
- Children's Hospital - Patient Media Internship
- JusticeWorks - Internship
- Brian Communications - Design Intern Fall 2019
- Hachette Book Group - Design Intern Fall 2019
- Focus Pointe Global - Marketing / Social Media Internship Fall 2019
- Bravogroup - Communications / PR Internship Fall 2019
- Media Dei - Marketing Internship Fall 2019
- Philadelphia Flyers - Community Relations / Fan Development Internship Fall 2019
- Spectra - Business Development / Client Relations Intern Fall 2019
- Hachette Book Group - Fall Editorial Intern, Running Press
- NBC Universal - NBC Sports Philadelphia - Fall 2019 Internship
- i76 Solutions - Digital Marketing Internship Fall 2019
- Soccer Shots - Internship Fall 2019
- Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation - Human Resource Internship Fall 2019
- Chemours - Communication Fall Winter Co-Op
- Slack Incorporated Healthcare Books and Journals - Editorial Intern Fall 2019
- TE Connectivity - Fall Tax Co-Op
- AARP - Communication Intern Fall 2019
- Access Philadelphia - Event Internship Fall 2019
- QVC - Partnership Marketing Intern Fall 2019
- Philadelphia Union - Accounting Intern Fall 2019
- Urban Outfitters Copywriting Internship - Fall 2019
- Urban Outfitters Print Design Internship - Fall 2019
- The Handwork Studio - Marketing Internship Fall 2019
- Adoptions from the Heart - Marketing and Events Intern Fall 2019
- The Borgen Project - Writer Internship
- Navitas Marketing - Journalism Intern - Fall 2019
- Navitas Marketing - Marketing & Social Media Intern - Fall 2019
- CubeSmart - Sales Center Intern
- Federal Bureau of Investigation - Honors Internship Program
- Vanguard - Financial Advisor Development Program
- Siemens - Finance Leadership Development Internship
- Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Development Program
- Vanguard - College to Corporate Internship
- Aramark - Accelerate to Leadership Program 2019 - Finance
- Aramark - Step Up to Leadership Internship 2019 - Marketing and Sales
- Merck - 2019 MRL Pharmacology Intern
- Center for Creative Works
- Main Line Health Home Care Hospice
- Yoh A Day & Zimmerman Company
- Behavorial Interventions
- Kelsch Associates
- Gelman, Rosenberg and Freedman, CPA's
- Peachtree Manor
- Women's Center of Montgomery County
- KYW News Radio Station
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- U.S. Postal Inspector
- DL Tax Consultants
- Lower Merion Counseling Service
- CI Solutions
- Philadelphia Defenders Association
- ABA2Day Behavior Service
- Philadelphia Mental Health Center
- Campaign for Working Families
- Hidden River Arts
- Kindred Hospice
Internship requirements vary by major as follows:
|Accounting, B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Biology, B.A.||BIO-0460||3 credits|
|Business, (all tracks), B.S.||BUS-0455||1 credit|
|Chemistry, B.A.||CHE-0460||3 credits|
|Communication, B.A.||COM-0495||3 credits|
|Education, B.S.||EDU-0455||6 - 12 credits|
|English, B.A.||ENG-0420||0 - 3 credits|
|*History, B.A.||HIS-0482||No internship requirement|
|History of Art, B.A.||ARH-0480||1 - 6 credits|
|*Mathematics, B.A.||ECR-0405||No internship requirement|
|*Philosophy, B.A.||PHI-0485||No internship requirement|
|Political Science, B.A.||PSC-0455||3 credits|
|Psychology, B.A.||PSY-0461||3 credits|
|Theology & Religious Studies, B.A.||RST-0480||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.A.||SOC-0455||No internship requirement|
|Sociology, B.S.||SOC-0455||9 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|Studio Art and Design, B.F.A.||ARS-0496||3 credits|
|0 credit internship||ECR-0400||0 credit|
|Elective Credit Experiential Learning||ECR-0405||1 - 12 credits|
*No internship required for major. Student must complete an experiential learning requirement (Internship, Study Abroad, Service Learning or Research).