We are proud of the fact that for two consecutive years, our students have earned first prize at the Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium for Biological and Chemical Sciences. It's just one of the reasons why 95% of our qualified students who applied to medical or osteopathic school were accepted.
Science Majors and Minors
Rosemont offers majors and minors in the following disciplines:
Individual Attention and Small Classes
Our professors give students individual attention both inside and outside the classroom. Together, they conduct hands-on undergraduate research. Rosemont's science faculty emphasize scientific writing and oral presentation skills, and coordinate a variety of internship opportunities and career workshops. All our science majors and minors include a laboratory component in which you'll learn the latest technologies and methodologies.
Qualifying students have the opportunity to enter advanced degree programs in fields that include medicine, pharmacy, nursing, physical therapy, optometry, audiology, and more. For complete details about admissions, read about Rosemont's academic partnerships in the health sciences.
- 4+1 Nursing Program: Earn two degrees in five years, a BA in Biology from Rosemont College and a BSN through Drexel University's Accelerated Career Entry (ACE) Program. Rosemont is the only partner college in Pennsylvania.
- 3+4 Doctor of Pharmacy: Earn a BA in Biology from Rosemont College and a PharmD from University of the Sciences.
- 3+3 Doctor of Physical Therapy: Earn your BA in Biology and your Doctor of Physical Therapy or Pharmacy from USciences in as little as six years.
- 3+4 and 4+4 Doctor of Osteopathy: Earn a BA in Biology from Rosemont College and a DO from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Salus University: Apply for a Master’s or Doctoral Degree from Salus University upon completion of a bachelor’s degree from Rosemont. Choose from options in occupational therapy, audiology, optometry, vision rehabilitation, orientation and mobility, and a physician assistant program.
Rosemont's Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program is designed to prepare students to enter graduate or professional school programs in the health care fields. The program serves students who already have a bachelor's degree, both career changers and those who want to enhance their academic records before applying to professional or medical school.