Bridge To Success is a pre-orientation program which offers: academic support emphasizing writing and reading, college readiness, and study skills to a selected group of students. Bridge students arrive on campus in advance of all other students and attend four days of classes taught by Rosemont professors.
While basically an academic program, there are also fun activities scheduled each day like bowling and game night. Five student mentors are assigned up to eight Bridge students each. They share meals and participate in the outside activities so that bonds for which Rosemont is well known begin to form early. These mentors continue to be available to the Bridge students throughout the year.
Another benefit of participation is having the program coordinator, the staff of Student Academic Support, and student mentors “touch base” with each student regularly.
Prospective students will be interested to know that statistics show that “graduates” of the Bridge Program do significantly better academically in their freshman year than do students who were invited to attend Bridge, but chose not to do so.
Bridge is by invitation only, based on high school record and test scores. Selected students receive invitation letters shortly after they deposit. Space is limited so invitees are urged to respond promptly!
What Is It?
- A five-day “head start” on academic life.
- Additional workshops and activities during the year dedicated to help with test-taking skills and preparation of your major assignments.
- Classes in : study skills and organization, college writing, and how to do "all that reading."
- A chance to get to know successful Rosemont students who will be your mentors all year.
- An opportunity to learn the campus before everyone else does.
- Fun activities with new friends.
Why should I participate?
- To gain a real foundation of college skills.
- To feel at home at Rosemont right away.
- Because statistics clearly prove that Bridge students academically out-perform classmates who were invited, but did not attend.
- Because the five-day Bridge Program is FREE!
When is it?
The week before orientation.
I have a question. Whom can I ask?
Please contact Academic Support.
How Can I Participate?
Bridge is an invitation-only program. Letters go out to selected students shortly after they deposit. If you receive one, just send back the registration form – we will take care of all the details!